Date: June 24 + 25, 2022 (Fri + Sat)
Location: LMU Munich, Media Informatics Group (500m to Sendlinger Tor)
Digitalization as a lever for sustainability is an in-person event that targets to bring together individuals interested in how digital tools can support sustainability. Our goal is to find concrete solutions that can be implemented now and help others to develop a more intelligent way of living and working without reducing life and work quality.
This event brings together researchers and students with various backgrounds to discuss and develop concrete actions to integrate digital solutions into a sustainable lifestyle. Besides interesting keynotes, small workgroups address various topics in two sessions on Saturday.
- 16:00-17:00 Arrive + Welcome + Coffee
- 17:00-17:50 Opening Keynote: Dr. Nitesh Goyal (ACM Distinguished Speakers) talking about Social sustainability in the age of AI (40+10)
- 17:50-18:15 Break
- 18:15-18:45 Keynote: Dr. Gözel Shakeri talking about The Sustainable Digital Consumer (20+10)
- 18:45-19:15 Keynote: Maximilian Irlbeck talking about Energy Neutrality 2045 (20+10)
- 19:15-19:30 Introduction to working groups on Saturday
- from 19:30 Pizza + Discussions
- 09:00-09:15 Getting Together (Speed-dating on Sustainability)
- 09:15-09:30 Setting up Documents
- 09:30-12:00 Workgroups I (WG 1-3)
- 12:00-13:00 Lunch Break
- 13:00-15:30 Workgroups II (WG 4-6)
- 15:30-16:00 Coffee Break
- 16:00-17:00 Final presentations (10 min per WG) and future plans
- 17:00 End
The workgroup sessions will feature topics related to digital solutions and methods to support sustainability. The broad categories of these topics are:
- Travel & Social Connections
- Reduced Production
Registration is closed now and was free of charge for the participants.
Please fill out the Registration Form to register for this event. We have a maximum of 100 participants and it will be on a first come first serve basis.